Tuesday 17 August 2010

200 Yo-Yo's



As you might know if you've been following my blog or tweets i been sick for the last few weeks. It's kept me out of the studio for a while and confined me to my bed or the couch. But sadly i'm the type of person that becomes bored easily (even when i sick). I always need to be doing or making something, however lately due to my illness i simply don't have the energy for my usual design work.
So i recently sat down with my mountain of vintage and salvage fabrics and made 200 of these cute little 1 inch yo-yo rosettes. They're so simple and easy to make. All you need is one of these nifty little yo-yo templates from Clover, which can be found at most good craft store or online. Then simply cut and stitch your fabric as instructed and in flash.....you're done. If i get enough requests I'll be happy to put up a photo tutorial here on my blog.


The only problem was now that i made all of these cuties i just didn't really know what i wanted to do with them. So after a little procrastination, here's a few idea i came up with. Some are samples while others i've made multiples, depending on the amount of fabric i had left. I'll have them for sale on my website soon, you can also purchase these for my market stalls this coming spring/summer if interested.

Lolly Pop Yo-yo Bobby Pins

Floral Fields Yo-yo Hair Clips

Gingham Yo-yo Earrings

Ribbon Candy Yo-yo Necklace

No comments: