Monday 23 August 2010

Inspired by Winter



I must admit i'm not very fond of winter. I don't like being cold (neither do my poor arthritic knees) and my house has no real heating expert for a small ceramic fan which makes working in my studio quite difficult most days. However i do find the appearence of nature in the winter months most inspiring. Whether it be snow covered mountains, a think foggy morning or the spooky appearance of the leafless trees that line my street. I would often sit with a hot cup of coffee and think of how i can incorporate this imagery into my work.
Drawing from this wintery wonderland i have created two new necklaces. The first is titled "The Winter Tree" and features a large bronze twisted branch style pendant with hand coloured verdigris owl attached.


The second is titled "The Lonely Tree" and features a large silver plated wintery leafless tree pendant. Both super sweet pieces are now in stock and ready to warn your heart this winter.

No comments: